In 2018 Sussex Asphalte was delighted to have the opportunity to support the work of Women in Roofing by sponsoring the creation of the Eliana Coulter Award for Business Excellence.
The Award honours a member of the roofing industry who champions the pursuit of excellence and whose exemplary achievement, excellence of practice and true leadership have inspired and reflected honour upon the industry. As such the Award is a fitting and lasting legacy to the memory of Ellie, who played a key role in the ongoing success of Sussex Asphalte, now in our 71st year of continuous trading.
This years Award winner is Roz Richardson from Proteus Waterproofing. Before joining Proteus Waterproofing Roz enjoyed a varied career that included experience in education publishing, manufacturing engineering and working in the voluntary sector bodies supporting underprivileged children and people with mental ill health.
Since joining Proteus Waterproofing Roz has clocked up a remarkable set of achievements that include:
- Being recognised for having an award-winning Apprenticeship programme. Proteus won Apprentice Employer Newcomer SME of the Year for the East of England in 2016, and featured on the Top 100 Apprentice Employers in the country list in the same year. Since 2015 Roz has employed 10 Apprentices;
- The implementation of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001;
- Achievement of FORS Gold standard for the Proteus Waterproofing fleet;
- Membership of the Institute of Roofing;
- Becoming Regional Chair for the IoR for the London and the North region.
- Undertaking the Go Construct Construction Ambassador course
They are a set of outstanding achievements that show why Roz fully deserves the Eliana Coulter Award for Business Excellence
Roz received her award from the 2018 winner, Lesley Cage of Karl Austerfield Roofing.
Women in Roofing aims to promote and support advancement and employment within the roofing industry enabling both individuals and businesses to realise their full potential, create value and make a difference. It delivers on that commitment by creating a platform which is accessible to everyone based on the values of fairness, inclusion and respect.